Title: Adjunct Senior Lecturer
Area(s) of Interest:
- Modern Political Theory
- History of Political Thought
- Continental Political Philosophy
- Aesthetics of Politics
Office: T 374
Phone: +90 312 290 1470
E-mail: helvaci [at] bilkent.edu.tr
Office Hours: by appointment
Ph.D supervision: in any one of the above areas
- POLS 101 Introduction to Political Science
- PHIL 241 – 242 Social and Political Philosophy I and II
- POLS 353 Foundations of Modern Political Theory
- POLS 421 Content: Evil in Modern Political Theory
- POLS 466 Content: Gendered readings of the Human in Enlightenment Thought
Content: Aesthetics, Ethics and Politics
- POLS 643 Content: Political Theory in a Time of Terror
- POLS 606 Seminar in Political Theory (the overview course)
- Independent Reading and Research courses: Hannah Arendt’s Thought; C. Schmitt and the Political; F. Nietzsche and the Political.
Completed Ph.D dissertations: Bayram Ali Soner (co-supervision2004); Elif Gözdaşoğlu Küçükalioğlu (2005); Neslihan Demirtaş (2007); Senem Yıldırım (2011).
Completed M.A. theses: Yörük İlhan Kurtaran (1997); Juan Martin Sabatini Barredo (1998); Işık Gürleyen (1998); Rachel Johnston (2002); Zeynep İnanç (2004).